Green eyed monster

I woke up to a phone call this morning from my brother. First this is extremely unusual, so for a fraction of a second I was panicking about my parents, but when he spoke he was his usual self so I knew they were okay. But then he said:

"Sarah's pregnant. 5 weeks"

Inside, obviously I am so uber jealous I could scream. On the outside though I tried to be happy for them. I know they aren't really in the position to have a baby (but then, neither was I with Caden) and it was a big surprise (this morning no less!). He did mention that they aren't sure they want to keep it (oh my heart is breaking-- why couldn't I have gotten that positive test???) but I was worried that Sarah would pretend she didn't because she would figure that is what Ryan wants. So I told him to go with her to the appointment at the consultation. Against my better judgment I even told them where it is in town (but I am the bigger and been there done that sister after all) and I told them to not decide anything right away. Surprise pregnancies are so scary when you aren't sure you can manage and I freaked out crying with mine too (though I had a better reason, having found out on an ultrasound when I was 21 weeks after having thought I had a brain tumor for weeks!).

So there is yet another person to add to my million dnd one friends that are pregnant when I am not.

And it's my brother! Can't get much worse for my jealousy... and if they keep it and she has a girl? *sigh* can't even handle thinking about that one.

The only plus side is that I still haven't gotten my lovely monthly visitor, but I am sure it will arrive today just to make me feel even more cheerful. :(

0 comments: